What to do until closing...

MNM

Sep 21, 2016
Birmingham, AL
***newbie here***

Pool is currently up and running, but leaves are killing me. We are still averaging temps in the 90s, but night temps dipping into the 70s. The pool is sadly shaded the majority of the day and the water temp is struggling to stay around 78 degrees. It's no longer enjoyable to swim, but it's no where near weather to winterize and close the pool.

We will stay in average temps of 70 or more well into November.

My current dilemma is knowing what to do between NOW and closing the pool for winter. The leaves are absolutely horrible. I can't easily net and vacuum without getting in the water as our deck only covers half of the round pool. And it's stinking cold. :( I've rigged a basket over the skimmer intake to keep a huge amount of leaves from clogging the basket and that's worked wonderfully. Yet...that means ALL of those leaves are now in the pool. I purchased a Pool Blaster leaf vacuum and it works great except it's hard for me to reach the pool center.

Is there a way you can cover the pool with a mesh net to catch the leaves and still keep the pool filter running and water maintained? OR What do you all suggest?

Thanks for helping a newbie!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :Wave: I think you have the right idea about a mesh cover. There are several on the market like THESE that are available. Then you could pull it back as needed to test water and add chemicals. Others may have some other ideas as well. Nice to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.