Just Finishing Up and Thrilled

Hello TFP! New to the forum and trying to get started on my way to a truly trouble free pool. I am a first time pool owner, other than the blow up type. My wife and I worked hard to make our dream a reality. After ten years of sitting on our patio saying "I wish we had a pool", now we do.
Due to utility easements and city mandated setbacks, we weren't able to get as big as we would have liked but we stuffed an awful lot of fun into a small space and are thrilled with the results. We're looking forward to many, many years of enjoyment...and it's cheaper than the boat I wanted.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Hello TFP! New to the forum and trying to get started on my way to a truly trouble free pool. I am a first time pool owner, other than the blow up type. My wife and I worked hard to make our dream a reality. After ten years of sitting on our patio saying "I wish we had a pool", now we do.
Due to utility easements and city mandated setbacks, we weren't able to get as big as we would have liked but we stuffed an awful lot of fun into a small space and are thrilled with the results. We're looking forward to many, many years of enjoyment...and it's cheaper than the boat I wanted.
View attachment 54544 View attachment 54545 View attachment 54547
Hello Roxnatwist! :wave:
I sent you a pm yesterday . . . are you still splashing around out there somewhere???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That must have been one heck of a boat!!!
Uh, shop for boats much? You can buy two pools for the cost of just a ski boat. And if you think the "pool tax" is bad, the "boat tax" is staggering (where every/anything you buy for it costs 100-200% more than it should).

Congrats on the pool, Rox. I think it's a great size, the design is fantastic and it's definitely money well spent. It's Twisty!

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Well, boats and pools are a lot alike. You can spend any amount of money on either, that's for sure. They can both get you wet. They can both bleed you dry!

But put kids and family and friends in either one and they're worth every penny!

We had a Chaparral but sold it last year, and bought an inside-out boat. But we soon realized pool has 2 "T"s in it.
Bring
Out
Another
Ten
Thousand :LOL:

Before: 2006 Chaparral 256ssifullsizeoutput_2fca.jpeg

After: 2020 Thursdays Pool Wellspring 16x36
PDZYDd2HTMm54YPLzNWRlw.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.