1st time closer

themadangler

Silver Supporter
May 26, 2016
Southampton, NJ
Looking for some guidance on my first closing. Inground about 33,000 gallons, swg, 1 main, 2 skimmers 3 returns and a polaris return line. I think I have a good understanding of what needs to be done but don't want to screw things up. Here is a pic of the pad. I've got a 6 gallon portable compressor or 10 gallon shop vacation in my arsenal. My plan is to drain below return lines. Hook compressor up to area between pump and valves to blow out skimmers one at a time and the md and plug skimmers with gizmo. Air lock md. Then I'm confused on how to blow out return lines. .any thoughts? Finally remove all drain plugs on filter, pump, heater. Remove swg and anode to store indoors. Cover and hope for the best.
c3dfbd05e01683c45d5e0d2ebbca45a2.jpg
I will of course clean and bring fc up to slam prior to all the above.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Your process looks very good. I have never closed a pool so I can only parrot what I read in other posts. Others will be along soon with more experience at closing.......I think they will give you a big "thumbs up"

You could probably blow out the returns after you remove the swg, it looks like your pad is about the same level as the pool deck so most water will flow through returns from gravity.

Thanks for the replies. Yes the pad is level with the pool deck. Would it be best to blow out the returns by making an adapter to fit the swg line once it's disconnected or to fit the return line eyeball spot and blow from the return back to the deck?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.