LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just an observation. I've noticed in some of the images on this forum of pool equipment installed by pool builders, that the hard plumbing looks as if it were planned out by shooting silly string at the equipment and then the PVC was run to follow it. I do realize, plumbing several pieces of equipment can be a daunting/complicated endeavor, and that my pool/equipment setup is no where near as complicated as an IG setup. But, do they always look like that?

I'm moving my equipment about 30 feet away from the pool this fall. I'm going to try for the cleanest/simplest hard plumbing job possible and I'm looking for inspiration. Anybody have images of clean plumbing they've done so I can be confident I can do it too?

Not a deep subject, but I have a little time to kill this morning and I got to thinking........

I share your passion for a clean pad. I've seen a few that were near breathtaking. I have horrible compensation issues for my shortcomings and plumbed my pad with 3" pipe. That made especially difficult to avoid some of the silly string.

Bdavis : theres a lot of plumbing, but not a spider web. And the 3" PVC makes up for the bends. Well done.

Chuckie: Good advice. I can see how too many valves shooting for absolute/very specific control could complicate the plumbing. Just the valves I need and no more.

pooldv: Very well organized, Very clean, very simple as well. Not too many valves. Looks to be well thought out.

Thank you all for the advice. Nice to see how others plumbed their equipment. Keep the photos coming....

I share your passion for a clean pad. I've seen a few that were near breathtaking. I have horrible compensation issues for my shortcomings and plumbed my pad with 3" pipe. That made especially difficult to avoid some of the silly string.

Hey Brian,

Is that a Costco bag of Arm & Hammer baking soda sitting behind the MasterTemp for when you bake cookies using the heater exhaust :p

" compensation issues " .... hehehe ..... you just an extra-large Big Green Egg on your patio ODK to feel better ....

I have a flame thrower to bake the cookies with now. The master temp is a joke in comparison... No visible flame.

That bag was the remnant of the ol' bicarb startup. I kept it around just in case I ever need to raise the TA. That would be a very welcome day, if it ever comes. Until then I'll be waiting........... And waiting............ And waiting

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is a nice one. :mrgreen:

55n6f.jpg

Now that's impressive....how many pools on your street does that system control? LOL
If someone was willing to figure out that design, I should be able to run 2-suction lines and 2-return lines connected by a couple of three way valves to my little pond. Heck, I'll probably be able to run solar lines or plumbing to a gas heater even.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.