Deck Anchors for an AGP Deck (to Attach Winter Cover)?

Mar 30, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm getting ready to close down the pool for the fall/winter and this is the first year we've had our deck up. The deck is made of composite wood and there's no gap at all to put the pool cover in between the decking and the pool. In other words, it can't hang down in the space between the deck and the pool wall. I saw another older thread where someone recommended just screwing pop-up anchors into the decking and using those to secure the pool cover down for the winter. Do you think that's the best solution? Any other ideas? Can anyone recommend which anchors to buy and how to attach them?

I don't have a picture of the deck, but it goes about a quarter of the way around our 24 foot round swimming pool (so we're not talking a huge amount of space that needs anchoring). Most of the cover will be hanging over the edge of the pool wall and will just be weighed down with bleach bottles filled with water like I've always done).

Thanks in advance!

You could tie off the cover thru the grommets to the posts and use water pillows for weights. I have a 12x6 side deck and this is how I cover mine. Run the wire under the deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.