HELP! Pool Drain not centered after gunite...

spoonman

Jun 16, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Hi Guys,

I had the gunite done on my pool and now it is very obvious that the pool drain is at least a foot off center. I have a rectangular pool, so it should be very easy for the PB to have centered the drain. The only reason that I could think of for the drain being off center, is if the PB centered the drain between the setp (on the right side) and the left wall.

Can anyone weigh in on whether or not this seems correct? If not, is this something that should be fixed by the PB?

View attachment 54536

Looks like they did use the step when placing it. I think most people would not notice. But this is your pool so bring it up to your PB if it bothers you. I would not risk the mess of moving it, chance of leaks cutting pipe.

Having seen many builds, there is no correct or incorrect on this placement (best practices/common sense yes) if the exact location was not shown on the drawing.

I'd leave a sleeping dog lie on this one.

Let it go. To make them fix it will most likely require cutting rebar & plumbing as well. I would not risk it for something so minimal at he bottom off the deep end.

Thanks for the quick help guys and gals. It is great to have TFP as a resource for all these questions and concerns.

I'm going to ask the PB why the drain was installed the way it was done, but I'm not going to press the issue.

I really wouldn't think twice about that placement. The way the walls around it transition to floor, it looks like it is supposed to be there . . . and it probably is. The ONLY time you or anyone is going to pay any attention to the drain is when you're brushing down some of that fine brown desert dust that settles on every flat surface in your pool 15 minutes after the cleaning cycle ends . . .

You're looking great. Don't sweat it, no one will be bringing it up at the TFP annual meeting. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.