Lawrenceville/Ga
Hello,
I just got the TF 100 test kit and tested my pool. The results are as follows,

FC 7.5
CC 0
Calcium Hardness 550
Total Alkalinity 220
CYA 60
PH 8.2, I keep lowering the PH with dry acid but it keeps rising back up.

According to pool math I must drain pool by 1/3 and add 78 oz of dry acid.

Is there any other way to adjust pool parameters without draining?

Welcome to the forum!

I regularly deal with high CH and TA because of our fill water. It is possible to maintain a pool with high CH and TA but you will need lots of acid to do it. I would target a PH of 7.2 until the TA comes down to a more reasonable level which it will over time. However, you might want to use muriatic acid instead of dry acid because it will be more economical.

If you want a quicker process, you can try this: Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

hi,

Well I went to the local pool store three times this summer and the pool guy kept giving me buckets of calcium hardness for the pool. I thought it was strange but I just went with it as I hadn't found this site yet. I drained some water today....not 1/3 but as much as I could. I am adding the 78 oz of dry acid and leaving it pump all night. I will check again in the morning. I'm so glad to find you guys.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.