Help needed, please - chelating agent and powder shock

So...I think I messed up pretty bad. I recently had a new liner installed and refilled my inground pool. The pool store suggested I use a 'metal out' product called "Natural Chemistry Metal Free". Put a liter in Sunday, then went back Monday with a water sample and they suggested another liter but otherwise said the water was fine. I added the second liter Monday about 6pm and have been running the filter 24-7 for the past week.

As the water has no chlorine now, being paranoid about algae I added a pound of powder shock this morning, about 36 hours after the last dose of Metal Free. I noticed though, that the powder does not seem to be dissolving all the way, and some seemed to gather at the bottom and top of the pool.

I am now very worried the shock won't dissolve and will bleach out my liner. Is there anything I can add to help it dissolve properly?

Thank you for your help.

Welcome to TFP!

Brushing is the only way to help it dissolve at this point. Use bleach/liquid chlorine to avoid this concern. Also, the powdered shock either adds calcium or CYA to the pool depending on what kind of "shock" it is. More here, Pool School - How to Chlorinate Your Pool

You can add your pool info to your signature so that we can better help you. More here on what to out in your sig and how to do it, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Thanks. Yes, there is some floating on top. I saw some visible on the bottom at first, but I brushed that. My wife is now home with the pool and says there is no visible residue on the bottom.

Could this also be because of the temperature? It is cool in NY now as it is the start of Fall.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. So basically just keep brushing and stirring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.