Recommended numbers for my pool

kenny

May 22, 2009
Florida
I read through pool school and was wondering if those numbers would be sufficient for my pool.

I'm targeting......

FC 3
PH 7.6
TA 90
CH 300
CYA 70
Borates 50

Those numbers give me a CSI of -0.26

Pool specifics are in my signature and also run a water fall when pump is running. I'm noticing a significant PH rise though with the fall on when the pump runs so I may turn the fall off more often to help stabilize the PH.

Any recommendations on numbers are welcome.

No, you need a lower TA to reduce the rate of pH rising.

You said CSI was -.26, which made me nervous about suggesting you reduce TA any further. But I double-checked your numbers in the Pool Calculator; to make everything work out it looks like your water temp must be about 60F. CSI will go up as the temp goes up, so lowering your TA is probably okay.
--paulr

PaulR said:
The Chlorine/CYA chart in Pool School gives a minimum FC 5 for CYA 70
This is a SWG pool, so the minimum FC is 3 for CYA of 70.

You actually want the CSI to be a little negative, -0.3 or a little lower in many case. The CSI inside the SWG cell is much higher than it is in the pool in general, and the same is true inside the heater (if you have one).

I would aim for a TA closer to 70.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.