Controlling PH in winter

grottoguy

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
NJ
Last year I closed my pool in late October and opened in early April. But my PH was off the charts and I think it affected my plaster. This year I want to make sure that I keep my ph in check. Could someone please point me to a pump (maybe on Amazon) that I could use to circulate the water during the winter when I peel my cover off a corner of the pool while I add Acid. And how long do I keep the pump running when I add acid to lower ph? I use TFT test kits so will check PH periodically to see what is happening. Do I need to circulate the water before checking Ph?

Thanks

When I closed my pool last year I bought a pump to keep in the pool on the second step to get rid of water if my pool took in too much water. The pump is Little Giant multi purpose pool cover pump 500-APCP, 500 GPH. Can this pump be used to circulate the water? If so, I attach a hose to it and put the hose in the water? Or do I need some other type of pump?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.