Leaf Canister question

okiediver

Sep 3, 2015
Ft Myers FL
Pool Size
Hi everyone---I attached a leaf canister to my poolcleaner hose but I have noticed that the canister is on the bottom a lot which causes the bot to get tangled up. The hoses are mostly floating however..... IS this normal? I would think it would float. Other than this the poolcleaner does an outstanding job working the bottom of the pool.

Thanks for any input I do appreciate all the valuable help I have received on this form.

If the leaf canister has a handle on it, you can easily attach a piece of pool noodle to help keep it on the surface.

What's the make and model of leaf canister?

Reactions: Aznewmom
I've got that canister.

But I place it 1 hose length (about 3 feet long each hose)from the skimmer, so it's always floating near the skimmer area.

Sounds like you have yours right by the cleaner down in the water?

My daughter has that exact canister. Hers was between the first and second section - it would sink under even in that position. I cut a length of pool noodle, slit it lengthwise and slipped it over the handle. No more "sinking" issue and the hose doesn't wrap around it any longer.

Reactions: Aznewmom
My daughter has that exact canister. Hers was between the first and second section - it would sink under even in that position. I cut a length of pool noodle, slit it lengthwise and slipped it over the handle. No more "sinking" issue and the hose doesn't wrap around it any longer.

I'm going to try that thanks!!!
56d81b12464e39cf5ddee0ba65949151.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try half way too...I've always had it by the skimmer, but it has a tendency to drift the suction robot to the deep end.

When I don't need the canister (just light debris dust here and there) it performs much better.

My daughter initially had it between the first and second hose sections. A while after I did the pool noodle thing, I moved it between the second and third sections as it wasn't cleaning the entire pool. That seemed to fix that issue. She have a "The Pool Cleaner" 2 wheel model. I guess each pool and each cleaner will be different - and each has it's own quirks. It all comes down to experimentation and doing what works best for your pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.