AquaCal Heater 100 shooting up water from a small hole

neogeo

Jun 27, 2016
Miami, FL
Hi everyone,

I want to see if anyone can guide me on repairing my water heater. I noticed a small drip a month ago and today the white tube got disconnected from the back piece. Now water starts shooting upward like a small geyser so at this point my pump is off. I did notice that a small black nipple broke off into the white tube where a small tie wrap was holding it in place (see the last pic).

Can anyone take a look at the video and pictures to see how I can DIY myself or if it has to be handled by the company? Also how much would the latter cost? Any thoughts on throwing a little JB Weld on there or does this tube lead to something important?

Thanks all!

68b0b6f667411609821012f07e28aaac.jpg

5042c89e8a19142d1a730ebaa29f5016.jpg
https://vimeo.com/183423111
b5a4c4406bad6a6cdb7b5e7948027761.jpg
5042c89e8a19142d1a730ebaa29f5016.jpg

I am not real familiar with that particular heater/brand but, I suspect that tube goes to a pressure switch that tells the control board that the pump is running and there is water flow. Without it, the heater will not turn on. It looks like the fitting will unscrew out of the header/manifold it is in. It may be possible to find a brass fitting at a local hardware store to replace it with.

Dan

I am not real familiar with that particular heater/brand but, I suspect that tube goes to a pressure switch that tells the control board that the pump is running and there is water flow. Without it, the heater will not turn on. It looks like the fitting will unscrew out of the header/manifold it is in. It may be possible to find a brass fitting at a local hardware store to replace it with.

Dan

Thanks Dan. I tried to unscrew it but I couldn't get a good grip on the fitting with my mechanic tools. I'm going to try an adjustable wrench today. Hopefully I can get it out because it's slippery even when dry.

I emailed the company on the issue. Hoping they can diagnose it and ship a replacement part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.