Opelika/Alabama
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
So, I've posted a few times before about my Mother in Laws Pool issues, which there is no short fall of. Well we have stopped taking care of the pool for the year because of what the Pool Store called 'Hundreds of Pin-Hole Leaks'. Well, after letting the pool sit for 2 weeks now, the water has definitely stopped leaking, and it has stopped directly underneath the Skimmer Box. After about 4 days the leaking stopped and now we are only losing minimal water due to evaporation (did the bucket test to make sure.)

Does this mean that the leak could potentially be the Skimmers? Or is it still a possibility it is the Pin-Hole Leaks that they detected? How do we tell what the case is because if it is a Skimmer leak isn't it fixable? A new Liner is what we were told we need which may be true but if it is fixable I'd like to go that route.

Info on the pool should be in my signature but here is a recap:
~30-35k gallon
- Vinyl Pool
-IG
-2 Returns (Jets)
- 2 Skimmer boxes on each side of the pool

Thanks so much!

Where did "they" say the pinholes were located it? Are the below or above the current water line?

So I wasn't there when they inspected it, but my MIL did say that they told her there were more pin holes than they could detect. I will ask her tomorrow to be sure but it seemed pretty obvious that since she fired them for maintenance and upkeep they immediately found the most expensive fix to take her money.

To be fair, I am not the best looking pool boy but I do save her money, so there is that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.