What is pH?

Jun 19, 2015
Fairfield Twp, OH
I pose this question in jest. In conversation with a self-proclaimed pool guy co-worker, he let a doozy slip. Apparently the muriatic acid he uses raises his pH and the MA that I bought must be something different for having lowered my pH. You all know this guy, all he does to keep his pool crystal clear all the time when his neighbors all have swamps is pour a gallon of acid in at the start of the season, use trichlor pucks in the skimmer and shock the pool every week or two. So easy! He supposed convinced one of his neighbors, who spent $1200 this year at the pool store, to pay him $1000 to take care of his pool next year. I mean, why not? His water is crystal clear and he make sure to bring his pH up with MA.

Oh yeah, he said he replaced all of his water except a couple inches at the start of the season because he didn't mind the cover over the winter and it pushed all his pool water out.

Huh? pH raising MA? I asked if he knew what pH was, he didn't care for that questioning!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.