What should I be spending for a winter safety cover? $700 or $3000????

crocop

May 5, 2016
Toronto
Hey,
First time owning a pool and have never done a closing. I live in Toronto.

Shopping for a pool safety cover for the winter. Why are some like $700-$800 and others like $3000-$4000? Is it just the quality?

What should I be looking for.

These are the few i am looking at:

Covers :: Safety Covers :: Rectangle with Center Step Stock Safety Covers :: 16 x 32 ft Rectangle with 8 Ft Center Step Stock Safety Covers :: 16 x 32 ft Rectangle with 4 x 8 ft Center Step Safety Cover Sunshade 95 Mesh

Covers :: Safety Covers :: Rectangle with Center Step Stock Safety Covers :: 16 x 32 ft Rectangle with 8 Ft Center Step Stock Safety Covers :: 16 x 32 ft Rectangle with 4 x 8 ft Center Step Safety Cover Lite Solid

Not sure what to look at and compare between brands and what I should be spending.

Any help would be great.
Thanks,

It's all about quality of materials & construction and brand markup. Both are real things and contribute to the higher prices. Really tough to give advice on that topic. It's about what you value. When the difference is of that magnitude, there is usually also some relationship to how long it will last. FWIW - I went with a premium brand and paid over $3K (USD). Any differences would probably start to evidence themselves over the mid-term, like 7-10 years I'd suspect.

The cheaper covers will certainly cover you pool and be safe initially. At what point the fabric becomes brittle and fails (or other failure), it's tough to say.

I'm in Toronto also and just recently purchased a safety pool cover. If you have a rectangular shaped pool then you should be able to get one of those preset sizes and not go the custom route like i did.

There are differences in quality ie the amount of permeability of the mesh, spring and mesh quality but it shouldn't be that big of a difference if you are comparing apples to apples ei 95 mesh vs another 95 mesh.

Oh and i forgot about the installation. The ones that you linked to is just for the cover and no installation.

I'm in Toronto also and just recently purchased a safety pool cover. If you have a rectangular shaped pool then you should be able to get one of those preset sizes and not go the custom route like i did.

There are differences in quality ie the amount of permeability of the mesh, spring and mesh quality but it shouldn't be that big of a difference if you are comparing apples to apples ei 95 mesh vs another 95 mesh.

Oh and i forgot about the installation. The ones that you linked to is just for the cover and no installation.

I can install it myself

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.