Balancing Pool Water After Re-fill At End of Season

Hi all,

I am a fairly new pool owner and recently had my liner replaced. The replacement was in 2 stages, stage 1 occurred on Thursday with a partial refill of the pool water Thursday into Friday, and stage 2 (fitting the skimmers and jets, etc.) occurring Saturday with the rest of the refill occurring Saturday into Sunday (yesterday).

So since yesterday my pool is now filled completely with fresh water (from the hose). What chemicals should I be adding to balance it now? I have a test kit but have not had time to test the water. I went to the local pool store and they advised using a 'metal free' chelating agent/product first, running the filter for 24 hours and then coming back for a full water test. I added the product last night (seems I may not have needed it, but whatever) and plan on going back later today for the full water test. I have not yet added any chlorine.

Am I correct that really all I likely need is chlorine and CYA/stabilizer? Also, I will probably be closing the pool in a week or two, and will likely use the winterization kit from the pool store as it is just easier and I do not have much time to really figure things out on my own at this time. Does that change anything?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

EDIT: Pool is 16x34, IG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.