Does anyone cover their pool mechnicals with a pop up tent over winter?

Clyde

Jun 6, 2016
Western Connecticut
I live in CT and we get cold winters with snow. I was thinking of getting one of those pop up tents (the kind that you see at soccer tournaments for kids that sort of open up like an umbrella (hopefully you know what I mean), and covering my pool mechnical for the winter (the pump, etc.). This would just prevent snow and rain from hitting the mechanical, but not from blowing snow since the sides of the tent are open.

Is this worth doing?

I don't know if it would hold up to a snow load. They are designed mainly for providing portable shade. The frames and fabric are not very strong. I've seen a good strong breeze make short work of one in no time.

Whatever you use you need to make sure there's a way to keep moisture off the equipment that may get trapped. If any moisture finds it's way under the cover (and it will) you run the risk of rusting out metal parts on heaters as there's nowhere for the water to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.