Another Baq conversion

JasonLion said:
You really only want to use #20 silica sand. Too large and it won't filter very well. Too small and it will get through the laterals and into the pool.

OK then. I'm not even taking it out of my car.

I found another pool store that sells this.

The side of the bag says 49/20.

I'm guessing that means .49mm / #20.

So we'll go that route.

THANKS!

horsegal said:
Your pics are keeping me motivated. I came home from work at lunch to add two more bottles of bleach and I am beginning to see blue today.

Thank you! Nice pool, I want to dive in with the dog :party:

Moderators, etc. please answer the question above. I butted into the conversation. Sorry :oops:

Horsegal, I think there's a thread somewhere on how to download pics. I'm only now catching on to how to size pics. Maybe a moderator will chime in shortly - or PM you - to say where the thread is. I can't seem to locate it at the moment.

And we LOVE pics....

All of my photos are in "Started a conversion last Sunday" . The sun is at the west end of my pool and you can't see the color so well in the afternoon, so I have only been taking photos of the corner to post the last couple of times. Going back through the photos you can sure see the transition though. What a great idea-to take photos of the process! Looking at other people's pics on the forum is what kept me motivated to continue this journey.

OK, I lost 1.5 PPM of FC last night -- plus I had already taken the day off to work on the sand (I figure the .5 could be the leaf at the bottom of the pool).

Water is absolutely crystal clear. Truly stunning (pic tomorrow).

So I swapped my sand for some #20 silica pool filter sand, fired up the wet vac and went to work.

I may have a leak on my filter where the valve attaches to the filter body -- I'm not sure if I tightened the collar too much or not. I'm messing around with it. There were small streams of water coming out from underneath where the two screws compress the collar, and the valve. I just made another adjustment (took it all apart, cleaned it well, and put it back together). I'll give it 60, then check again.

I added 4 lbs of granular CYA this afternoon -- 2 lbs in each of 2 stockings near my return jets. It took the rest of the afternoon to disappear.

I just measured CYA and it shows 28. I believe I recall from other forums to check the CYA again in a week.

My FC seems to be holding. I just measured now (9 PM) and it's 17 PPM.

I'll check again in the AM.

How long should I be at 15 PPM? And when should I check CYA again? in 7 days?

THANKS! Hang in there everyone else -- it's WELL worth it.

Only took me 4 days (I was expecting a week or longer)!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!! :party:

Day 6

AM check -- FC = 15, and CC = 1

Water looks good! 98% there... I had a FC loss of 2, and CC came down from 2 to 1. Hopefully only 2 more days.

Thanks everyone for all your help and inspiration.

I look forward to a crystal clear pool, and more $$$ in my pocket!

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• P1020335.JPG
    P1020335.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 67
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.