Overflow Line

Jul 4, 2016
Plano/Texas
In the process of building a new pool and just noticed that I don't see an overflow line. All of the stubouts are below the tile line for the returns I assume. The plumbing was installed and buried a couple of days ago and they are in the tile/coping phase now. Is this done later in the process? I don't want to keep harping on the PB if this comes later but also don't want to get to the end and they say "oops".

Thanks for the help!

Do you have a PVC pipe sticking out of ground near the perimeter of your deck? If you do, one of the stubouts may be your overflow line. My overflow line is submerged under the water line, even with the return stubouts, and drain side will be cut above the waterline in the pool. Here is a pic of how they set my overflow line. It's the non-capped pvc pipe on the left. You can see the drain side PVC pipe sticking out of the ground in the background.

I always thought the overflow needs to be above the water line in the pool, but looks like there is another way to do it! I was at a friends house this afternoon and her pool had a submerged overflow line as well. Said she has no issues with it.

You should definitely confirm with your PB though.

20160913_180129.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.