Just mowed my power supply cord

Jul 8, 2016
OK
Just hit my power supply cord to my 3000 GPH Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump model # 28651EG ! I feel i can replace it however I am having trouble finding the part. I do however have a intex 653T pump could i use that power cord on my other pump? Please help thanks in advance for any advice or input

Look on the cord - it should say something like - 14-2 or some other numbers. Let us know what BOTH cords say.

The (UL)/C is the Underwriters Lab of Canada designation. UL is Underwriters Lab. 18 awg means it's 18 gauge wire.

Does the actual motor have any volt/amp ratings listed? I think 18 gauge 3 conductor wire is rated for a max of 7 amps if the cord is 50 or less in length.

The GF9 data you initially listed is most probably for the ground fault interrupter only.

on the actual cord They both say 18awg (0.824mm^2) 300v VW-1 SJTW 3/C

However the one that got cut has (UL)/C (UL) and the one that isn't cut just has UL. Will that cause any issues?
The (UL)/C is the Underwriters Lab of Canada designation. UL is Underwriters Lab. 18 awg means it's 18 gauge wire.

Does the actual motor have any volt/amp ratings listed? I think 18 gauge 3 conductor wire is rated for a max of 7 amps if the cord is 50 or less in length.

The GF9 data you initially listed is most probably for the ground fault interrupter only.

Based on the info you provided, I would say that it is safe to make the switch. If it was mine, I would feel very comfortable that there wasn't going to be an issue. The wire is the same gauge, 18 awg, and can handle the same current. The replacement cord is from a bigger motor "current draw wise" than the one you will use it on (based on info & pics you provided).

Having (or lack of) the (UL)/C rating just means that the cable has been tested and passed UL Canada 3rd party testing. Since I see you live in OK, the Canadian approvals wont mean much since it has the UL label.

Just be sure you hook up the replacement wire correctly to maintain the proper GFI protection. Good Luck

- Dave -

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the reply so the smaller pump is actually drawing more than the larger? My picture of the pumps show 6 amps for the large pump and 2.1 amps for the small pump?

The bigger pump draws more power (at least rated for a higher power, actual power consumption is another topic)
your posts said:
top pic: Krystal Clear ENSEMBLE 2.1A, bad cord is on the Krystal Clear...
bottom pic: Modele SF80110 6.0A good cord is on the 653T ( but pic shows it as SF80110)

is this accurate info or have I misunderstood something?

If both pumps were wired with 18awg wire then it wont matter which pump the wire came from. Make sure the over all wire length is the same, what I mean by that is if the power wire from the loaner pump (the smaller one) is longer than the original cord for the larger pump shorten it to match the wire that came off the bigger pump. Other than that make sure you wire it correctly and maintain your GFCI protection.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.