what pump to buy to convert from Intex

Sneek

Jul 10, 2015
Shannon, IL
Advice about changing over from using the Intex cartridge filter pumps to a standard above ground sand filter. What size pump do I need for 10,400 gallon Intex ultra frame pool? I have a sand filter from an older above ground pool I was planning on using with it, will that be ok? How do I know what size pump and sand filter is appropriate? One of the reasons I want to switch is so I can effectively vacuum the pool, I did not have luck with trying to vacuum since the pool has 2 outlets that combine to go to the pump. I have problems with leaves and field dust, etc and am hoping to do better with it next year.

We have an intex with two outlets too. We added a Hayward skimmer, and plugged the pool outlets. So now water enters the pump through the the skimmer. We attach our vacuum to the skimmer and it works great, it has great suction . Instead of buying another pump, perhaps this might be an option? Your pool is twice as big as ours.

We have an intex with two outlets too. We added a Hayward skimmer, and plugged the pool outlets. So now water enters the pump through the the skimmer. We attach our vacuum to the skimmer and it works great, it has great suction . Instead of buying another pump, perhaps this might be an option? Your pool is twice as big as ours.

So, dumb question, are you able to vacuum your pool at all with the skimmer attached? I have a problem with leaves getting in the pool. You still use the original pump that came with the pool then? Thank you!

Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer and Accessory Kit Amazon.com : Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer and Accessory Kit : Swimming Pool Skimmers : Patio, Lawn Garden we had a problem with the bottom piece, it was 1 1/2 where our hose was not. So we got this and it all works great. Hayward SPX1091Z1 Hose Adapter Replacement for Hayward Automatic Skimmers Amazon.com : Hayward SPX1091Z1 Hose Adapter Replacement for Hayward Automatic Skimmers : Swimming Pool And Spa Supplies : Patio, Lawn Garden

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.