Would Bar Bell Weights Be OK?

Cherie

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 23, 2008
Wylie, Texas
Hi all. We have six big round indentions in the bottom of our wedding cake steps and are wondering if we can use bar bell weights (the kind encased in the heavy-duty plastic) and sit one in each of the indentions. Would the chlorine eventually cause the plastic to crack? We looked for the big round cement steps used in landscaping and can't seem to find them anywhere now. But we were concerned about whether we could set plain ol' cement in the water anyway. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

DH is concerned that if we hang the AT's (Anna's Tubes!) that the water, when we're in there playing, will knock them around, and shift the steps. So we're thinking maybe just lay some heavy round something-or-other in the indentions instead.

Thanks.

I used the hand weights last year to hold down my step until I got new steps. We had no problems. We did this after a sandbag busted and we had to clean up sand for a few weeks. The new steps came with a huge tube that we filled with pea gravel and sand the screw the stopper in and caulked it with silicone. The tube is suspended between the top and bottom steps and moves with the current so we do not have to worry about algae collecting under steps.

Susan

So Susan, with your tubes moving with the water, it doesn't cause your steps to shift any? That's why we were going with the weight thing. Otherwise, we'd like Anna's and get the PVC pipes and suspend them. Also, about how much weight is needed to hold them down really good?

Thanks.

Cherie said:
Hi all. We have six big round indentions in the bottom of our wedding cake steps and are wondering if we can use bar bell weights (the kind encased in the heavy-duty plastic) and sit one in each of the indentions. Would the chlorine eventually cause the plastic to crack? We looked for the big round cement steps used in landscaping and can't seem to find them anywhere now. But we were concerned about whether we could set plain ol' cement in the water anyway. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

DH is concerned that if we hang the AT's (Anna's Tubes!) that the water, when we're in there playing, will knock them around, and shift the steps. So we're thinking maybe just lay some heavy round something-or-other in the indentions instead.

Thanks.

Thats what I've used for years without any problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.