At what % and For how Long?

Bubba,

Each pool is a little different, so you've just got to try it and see...

I'm not a good example, because at this time of the year I run my pump 24/7 at 1200 RPM, and have my IC40 set to 25%. I like to keep my FC at about 6 or so, and never want it to get below 4 ppm.

So based upon that, you could run your pump for 12 hours a day at 50%, or 6 hours a day at 100%. Any combination to keep your FC where it needs to be.

How are you currently testing your pool water? This is really the most important part of the TFP process..

Jim R.

Yes, that's what you have it for...right? Start out at 50% for 6 hours a day, then tweak it based on testing results to meet your needs. You might find it is making too much so you can either turn down the % or the pump run time. Likewise if you need a bit more just increase one or the other parameter.

If you're starting from scratch with a FC of 0 or low its best to use liquid chlorine to bring that FC up immediately and then let your SWG maintain it.

You can also use liquid chlorine anytime you want to boost your FC up before or after a party instead of the "Boost" function on the SWG to save wear and tear on the SWG.

Testing using the TF100 kit. But what is weird is when I tested the FC yesterday the taylor kit that comes in the tf100 kit for testing FC and PH reads FC at what looks to be roughly 5ppm (really yellow). But when I test using the TF100 powder/drops (forget which # they are as I dont have it in front of me) I get a deep pink color but it only tests to about 1.5ppm. Right now I have been running for 6.5hrs at 50% daily. This was a new build so just converted to salt last weekend.

Bubba,

If the K-1000 color is really yellow, then I can only assume that you are doing something wrong when using the FAS/DPD test. Are you sure you are using a 10 mil sample and multiplying the number of R-0871 drops by .5?

I'd rerun the test and try again.

Jim R.

Post up all the test results:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

You need to know the CYA to determine the FC level.

If you run the SWG at 100% for 8 hours a day it would add almost 3ppm of FC to the pool. With 6 hours and 50% output it will only generate 1ppm of FC each day. Somewhere between these settings should be good.

Just remember, SWG's are great at maintaining FC levels, but poor at creating a high FC levels. Pour some bieach to get your stating level and then do he 50% for 8 hours thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.