Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New build in Atlanta GA

1. Back To Top    #61

Re: New build in Atlanta GA

SO glad it worked out! It looks great too! Do you have any ideas about mowing it? That would be tricky!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #62

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    SO glad it worked out! It looks great too! Do you have any ideas about mowing it? That would be tricky!

Kim
    Fortunately I don't mow it myself. I'm taking care of the pool myself but leaving the landscaping to the pros.

25k gal, IG Pebble, Pentair Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Modular Media 500 Cartridge Filter, Easy Touch 4 w/ Salt System IC60, Screenlogic, TF-100

3. Back To Top    #63

LOL they are going to *love* you! Me..........I would turn it into a ramp! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee up and over!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #64

Love the color. Is it pebble tec? If so would you mind sharing what color?

5. Back To Top    #65

Quote Originally Posted by mmholton View Post
    Love the color. Is it pebble tec? If so would you mind sharing what color?
    Thank you. It's Wet Edge - Satin Matrix Northshore Caribbean.
    25k gal, IG Pebble, Pentair Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Modular Media 500 Cartridge Filter, Easy Touch 4 w/ Salt System IC60, Screenlogic, TF-100

6. Back To Top    #66

I was originally going to use the pool for the season and then decide if I want a heater around October. Well, after a few weeks of swimming, I've decided we definitely want the heater. We've swam in it with temperatures ranging from 72 to 82. 72 was only warm enough for a few minutes, 75 seems almost the minimum, 78 is ok once you get used to it, and 82 felt perfect. After much research through TFP forums of gas vs heat pump and which heater to get, I've decided on the Raypak 400k natural gas heater with cupro. My gas rate is 44 cents a therm not including base charges and fees. I've decided to purchase the heater myself through inyopools and have the pool company install it. I understand the warranty implications, but this saves me $1000. I contacted the gas company (Atlanta Gas Light) and they said I need an upgraded meter and upgraded service line. The service line is currently 0.5 inches and needs to be 1.25 inches. The distance is 110 feet from meter to street. After a week or so of suspense and to my pleasant surprise, they said they will upgrade both the meter and service line for free. I just need to keep all my gas appliances in place for 3 years. So, I signed the contract and I'm currently waiting for them to perform the upgrade. They said 1 to 2 weeks.

7. Back To Top    #67

Well that IS awesome news! Big bucks saved there!!

Kim

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234