New build in Atlanta GA

I was originally going to use the pool for the season and then decide if I want a heater around October. Well, after a few weeks of swimming, I've decided we definitely want the heater. We've swam in it with temperatures ranging from 72 to 82. 72 was only warm enough for a few minutes, 75 seems almost the minimum, 78 is ok once you get used to it, and 82 felt perfect. After much research through TFP forums of gas vs heat pump and which heater to get, I've decided on the Raypak 400k natural gas heater with cupro. My gas rate is 44 cents a therm not including base charges and fees. I've decided to purchase the heater myself through inyopools and have the pool company install it. I understand the warranty implications, but this saves me $1000. I contacted the gas company (Atlanta Gas Light) and they said I need an upgraded meter and upgraded service line. The service line is currently 0.5 inches and needs to be 1.25 inches. The distance is 110 feet from meter to street. After a week or so of suspense and to my pleasant surprise, they said they will upgrade both the meter and service line for free. I just need to keep all my gas appliances in place for 3 years. So, I signed the contract and I'm currently waiting for them to perform the upgrade. They said 1 to 2 weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.