Drain pool water from pump

63john

Jul 10, 2016
slidell
Many person have admitted to "too high" CYA readings in their pool water and I witnessed a pool serviceman drain a pool with a pumping machine at very fast past.

So if one wanted to drain pool water in the case of Too high CYA, a question arose among my friends concerning whether 1. to drain pool water with the 1" diameter garden hose attached to spiket outlet at top PCV going into pump while pump is running or 2. to not perform 1. and instead open the Pump cleaning drain outlet at bottom of pump where hole is maybe 3 inches wide, releasing 3 times as much water in same amount of time. One could attach a pool cleaning line commonly used with floor vacuuming to take water away from pool mat.

Has anyone tried something like this? thanks

Re: Drain poo water from pump

I don't have the answer to your question but I'm sure one of our experts will be along shortly to help you. In the meantime you might want to add that missing "L" to your thread title. As is, it gives a whole new meaning to your thread! ;)

Re: Drain poo water from pump

I expected more... a lot more...

Regarding draining, it really doesn't matter. It's all about time. And get some advice from a local pool pro. Some areas with a high water table will cause the pool to lift out of the ground - a total catastrophe! In that case "water exchange" is your best option, and you may be limited by your garden hose (s).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.