Take down advice

Sobo

Aug 24, 2016
Indianapolis, IMN
I am taking down the pool for the winter because it needs to be relocated to its new location in the yard next spring. What advice if any about storing the liner. Should I apply/spray anything on it for storage to prevent drying/cracking? I plan on storing it in a large covered container. It will not be airtight but will be sealed/covered and protected.

Is that a traditional above ground pool?

While Intex pools are fine if they dry out (recommended for winter storage)
From what I understand, a normal above ground pool liner doesn't like drying out as the liner will shrink and will not have enough flex when re-installing it.

Most threads about (non-Intex) above ground pool moving reccomend buying a new liner for the new pool location.

When I moved my above ground pool, I successfully re-used the liner, but I put the liner in a Rubbermaid when taking it down, filled the Rubbermaid with water that night, then installed the pool the next night, and started filling the pool with warm water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.