Wrinkles in Liner on Wall

Sep 15, 2016
London
My liner is about 8 years old but, over the last couple of years, it has sagged around most of the perimeter to form large wrinkles that stick out from the sides about 1/2" to 1".
There is also about 5" of liner showing above the water line which is bulging away from the wall as if the coping is not holding it up. It's an overlap liner.
These issues don't seem to do any harm, but I was wondering how I could correct this without draining the pool. Tomorrow I will be draining the water about 12" down to prepare for winterizing. Can I then remove a few top rails and coping to lift the liner back up? I would only do a small section at a time. Will there be any problem with the water pushing the wall outwards? Below is a photo of the situation. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Liner.jpg

8 yrs old, any type of force might tear it...is it in your budget to replace if that happens? Risk might outweigh the reward. Just my 2¢.

My concern is being able to put the top rails back together after removing 1 or 2 of them. Because the liner is flexible, I don't believe it would be affected at all. I would just stretch it back under the coping to get those wrinkles out, put the top rails back on, and move on to the next section. Has anyone removed top rails while the pool is 2/3 full of water? Are they easy to put back on?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.