Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
This morning I went to my control panel to turn the percent of output down on my AquaRite T15, I noticed although it was powered on and it said generating, that down below the inspect cell light was flashing. I did not have time to do anything as I had to get to work. Curious what could be the issue since this is only 6 to 8 weeks old. Everything seems to be working fine, the salt digital readout was 3200. Anyway, when I get home I can remove it and check, just curious if this is normal or something to be concerned about. I haven't actually looked at the control panel for a few days so I have no idea how long it's been flashing. Chlorine is holding strong and it said generating. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may just be the reminder that is programmed to come on after a specific number of hours use. To reset just push and hold the button for a few seconds. The light should go out and the timer will be reset.

Thanks chiefwej, so if I do that and it is successful, there's no need remove to cell?

If you are allowing the ph to get too high, then it's possible that the cell needs cleaning. But with correct water chemistry it shouldn't need cleaning that often. I'm very consistent in maintaining my water's chemical balance, so I only pull and inspect my cell every second or third time the "check cell" light comes on. My cell almost never needs cleaning. Before I started being as careful with my chemistry (pre TFP) it needed cleaning almost every time the light was lit.

Update: I just read your sig info. With a fresh replastered pool and TA of 350 in your fill water, it's certainly possible that you are building scale in the cell. Not a bad idea to pull it and check.

Well after my prior experience with my original cell scaling, my CSI has been kept negative and I check water daily. Since new cell, no new scale. Since it's not difficult, maybe I will remove it, just to check things out. I think I may go ahead and open my filter up and clean out as well just to take a look at it. It's unusually cool here today, only 73 currently so I should take advantage of the day. Thanks for the help on how to reset, and I'm sure hoping I see no scale!

If it does require cleaning, what mixture should I use with my MA?

Well I just finished with my filter, got all sweaty and rained on and sweaty again, so I never did get to the cell. I reset it in the light went off everything looks fine, I still may open it up just a curiosity but I'm not going to do it now. I can always use a $1.27! Although my pressure on my filter was not at all high, because I had re plastered and had some scale issues I thought I would clean the filters. I'll attach a picture where you can see the difference. The picture of my big filter, there is a smaller one that goes inside this one, they looked the same. I managed to get them a little bit cleaner than the clean part showing here, spent quite a bit of time on them.

351614e45e11b31dffede0727d6aa707.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When cleaning the salt cell, avoid using MA unless it's absolutely necessary. It eats away the coating on the plates and shortens the life of the cell. I have a package of bamboo skewers that I picked up at the grocery store. They are about 10 inches long and are perfect for picking things out of the cell without scratching the coating on the plates.

When cleaning the salt cell, avoid using MA unless it's absolutely necessary. It eats away the coating on the plates and shortens the life of the cell. I have a package of bamboo skewers that I picked up at the grocery store. They are about 10 inches long and are perfect for picking things out of the cell without scratching the coating on the plates.

Wow everything I have read says to use MA!

Yes, use MA if needed. Operative word is needed. If it can be avoided it should be. MA will shorten the cell life, especially if used when there isn't scale build up. I have not cleaned my cell in 5 pool seasons. Keeping CSI slightly negative, -0.3 to 0, will help prevent scale build up. PoolMath will give you your CSI, tweak PH and/or TA to move the number.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.