BBQ Island Build

Hi all - great forum here. I've started a BBQ island build - it's an L-shaped island with the BBQ/smoker on one leg, and bar seating on the other. So far I'm about 75% through the framing (20g metal studs) and will be installing Hardie, concrete countertop, and stone veneer.

I'm about to frame out my grill opening based on the manufacturer's specs for the cutout. Here's my question: Is the weight of the grill supposed to be supported by the countertop, or by the framing beneath the grill? Seems to me that it would be very difficult to get the framing set up to support the weight of the grill without knowing your countertop thickness first.

Hope this question make sense - thanks in advance.

I'll try and post some pics soon. I have the framing all done and I'm about 75% through the Hardie Backer.

My next question is pretty basic: Generally, does it make more sense to install the concrete countertop first, and then add stone veneer? Or vice versa? Not sure it even matters....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.