trouble with fine dust in pool

Feb 21, 2015
melbourne
Hi all, I'm still having issues with fine dust on the pool floor. Vacuuming it to waste removes it temporarily. It slowly comes back. It's not sand. It's very fine. My skimmer sock can't catch it. I think you all know what I'm talking about.

My test numbers are all good. My equipment is all good. Pool is inground.

I'd like to shock/slam my pool. I'm not sure how to do this properly.

Can someone please advise on my situation and how to shock?

I have a salt pool. 38,000 litres.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

also, i'm using liquid chlorine.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

First thing we like to know is what test kit are you using? Also how does the water look- clear or cloudy. The fine dust could be dead algae but we really need some reliable test numbers from one of the recommended test kits. This will also be needed if you need to SLAM in the way that we recommend. This should be one of your first priorities. A version of the recommended test kit is available in Australia from Clearchoice Labs.

Hi all, I'm still having issues with fine dust on the pool floor. Vacuuming it to waste removes it temporarily. It slowly comes back. It's not sand. It's very fine. My skimmer sock can't catch it. I think you all know what I'm talking about.

My test numbers are all good. My equipment is all good. Pool is inground.

I'd like to shock/slam my pool. I'm not sure how to do this properly.

Can someone please advise on my situation and how to shock?

I have a salt pool. 38,000 litres.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

also, i'm using liquid chlorine.
Hello and welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you may have an algae bloom in progress, and you're correct, that would require a SLAM. A SLAM is a controlled and maintained period of shock level FC:

How To SLAM Your Pool

Can you please give us some more info on your pool? Do you have a SWG, or is it just a pool with salt added and you use liquid chlorine?

To help us better understand your pool, can you please post a complete set of test results, and tell us how you test?

We would like to see:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

If you are unsure of those abbreviations and pool chemistry in general have a read here: The ABC's Of Pool Water Chemistry

Once we understand your pool we can get you pointed in the right direction.

Nice to have you with us.

You have algae in your pool. Get out that test kit (I would do it sooner than "a few days") and begin to SLAM the pool.

Read the SLAM article in Pool School and follow it like it is your bible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.