Safety Cover aaaaaaaaaand a winter cover?

cdvana

May 23, 2016
Bartlett, IL
I live in the Chicago area so it's cold around here. I already own a safety cover and was wondering if it would benefit me to put a winter cover on top of the safety cover. Double cover! My thought would be to minimize the light coming into the pool to reduce algae since I have a long season of no pool use.

Has anyone used this setup? Any issues?

The winter cover is soo much cheaper than buying a new safety cover in case your wondering why I just don't do that.

Thanks!

Is it normal to open to a green pool? I'm in Ontario and, while only having the pool 4 seasons, it's always been crystal clear when I open. We close around mid October and open mid may. My neighbor one year opened to green water but they waited much longer, first week of June to open. He has a safety cover, I have a winter cover. To be honest, I use a company to close the pool, so I don't know what they put in, if anything.

I know the above does answer the op, but what I'm getting at is, isn't it all based on water Temps at close and open? What too cold inhibits algae, ni?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.