Lots of bubbling in my pool

Sep 14, 2016
Houston/TX
I came out this morning and all I could hear was the gurgling sound and my polaris wasn't moving. Somehow I'm getting a ton of air coming into my pool and spa. During filter my supply comes from pool and return is about 50/50 to pool and spa. In testing I turned it to only supply/return to spa, no bubbles. I turned it to supply from pool and 100 to spa, no bubbles. So I don't think it is my supply line. I'm not seeing any water loss which this is where I'm thrown. How can be getting all these huge bubbles and not having any water loss. Where could all this air be coming from? Thanks

so even when I suck from pool and output only to spa I get no bubbles, if I suck from spa and output to spa I get no bubbles. So with your awesome post you still think it's a suction side leak. I hardly have any bubbles in my pump

Check the gasket/seal on your pump basket. It may not have sealed properly the last time you emptied it. When this happens it can pull a large amount of air into your pipes.

Also, if something floating in your pool, like a raft, blocks the water going into the skimmer, then the pump will pull air from the skimmer. This will also happen if the water level gets too low due to evaporation or splash out. Look in your skimmer and see if you see a whirlpool pulling air down from the surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.