Intex portable pool chems

SunEnterprises said:
I know this is a silly question, but can anybody recommend what chemicals should be used in the "Intex" portable pools?

Stick with liquid chemicals when you can to avoid cloudiness that your filter won't deal with well.

Bleach for chlorination and shock. Add it slowly or mix a cup or so in a bucket of water and add to the pool.

Muriatic Acid to lower pH. Mix about a cup at a time in a bucket of water before adding it to the pool.

If you have to raise the pH, use Borax. Dissolve it in a bucket of water before adding it to the pool.

Add CYA or stabilizer to about 40ppm to protect the chlorine from the sun. Best way to add is by placing it in an old sock and hanging it in the water.

Run your filter 24/7 except when the water looks perfect. Check your chlorine twice a day and your pH every couple of days.

Those softsided pools have a pretty tough and heavy duty vinyl liner. How would the durability be worse than a 15 or 20 liner that goes into a pool frame or IG which is probably a lot thinner?

Chlorine is chlorine. How it is used matters more. Too many people get those pop ups and just dump a pile of granular in to sit on the bottom or load a floater up with as many pucks as they can and leave it. That is whats gotta be tough on them, but they really get little or no instructions for water care anywhere. Intex makes a couple of SWG now that will work on those pools (and even one that can go on pools up to 14600 Gal) Thats a leap forward anyway.

Thanks NWMNMOM, thats exactly what I was referring to. I can see a ton of our customers doing exactly as you spoke of. Dumping a bucket of granular and letting it sit on that vinyl. I hear tons of horror stories. I dont know what some of these people are thinking...On this forum I am exposed to intelligent people, who are knowledgable about pools, then I answer the phone and get calls like, do you all sell liners for intex pools? yes thats a real question. Thanks so much for your input. have a great weekend - Tim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.