Piping Location

spoonman

Jun 16, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Here's a question for everyone who has built a pool. Have any of you had issues with where the PB laid the pools piping?

My pool is about 6 feet from a block wall and my PB laid the pipe in such a way that there is no room left to plant much landscaping between the plumbing and the wall. I'm in the process of asking the PB to move the piping closer to run more alongside the pool so it takes up less ground space (leaving room for shrubs along the wall). Anyone have a situation like this, or care to comment?

Ours is about 2ft away from the pool in most spots, 17" or so deep will be 20" deep once the landscaping is done. It is also under the drainage pipe that encircles the pool. So if there is a need to dig in the yard the drainage pipe will serve as the early warning system and it should be plenty deep for grass and shrubs. Where it crosses the yard to get to the pool it is at least 2' deep perhaps a bit more.

Thanks, Atttech. My concern in my yard is planting hedges, which I'm not sure I want to do on top of 12-15" of pipe. I had thought about putting the root ball under the pipes, but that may put the plant too deep into the ground. So instead of coming up with strange landscaping strategies, I decided to ask the builder to move the pipes instead. This is still TBD.

Appreciate any more feedback about this, or any experiences anyone can share.

So...my PB discouraged me from moving my pipes because they would have to put 45-degree elbows on the pipes in 2 places. I was told that the reduction in flow would not be worth the extra 1' of space that moving the pipes would create. The PB told me that I should be OK planting MOST types of shrubs next to the trunk line pipes as long as they weren't trees, or Oleanders.

I think the builder is correct most shrubs we had to dig up around our yard for the pool had the main root ball about 12" deep the roots were fairly wispy on the outer edges nothing I can imagine ever penetrating schedule 40. If you plant and ever have to dig them up you will just take some extra care and actually dig them up and not just rip them out and you should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.