O/B in East Texas

Jun 3, 2016
edgewood, texas
Hey guys I am close to beginning my owner build here in East Texas and was curious about equipment size and preference. We are basically going to have a saltwater rectangle pool with a small Baja stuck on the side of it. The pool will be 19x38 and the Baja approx. 7x10. So I total sq feet is around 800. I think we are going to go with 3.5 shallow to 7.5 deep with a diving rock? So a couple of questions I have are number of lights and suggestions on certain ones. Pump and Filter size and certain models to stay away from. Also I am looking for any subs number in the Dallas or Tyler area that any of you would recommend. I am about an hour from both cities.

Thanks

There really are no wrong pool filters, just inappropriate ones for some people (sand filters being used by people that have no place to discharge backwash water, etc), and ones that are undersized for a given pool. It is much the same with pumps, in general we tell everyone to get either a 2 speed or a variable speed pump, singe speed pumps are cheapest by are electrical hogs. Variable speed pumps are the most expensive, but are also the most complicated, but save a bit more electricity than 2 speed pumps, which sort of fall in the middle.

If you are going with a 2 speed pump I would say 1 to 1.5 HP is plenty, some people will say less, if variable speed you may want to consider one of the smaller Hayward VS pumps like the MaxFloVS (note there are 2 versions of this pump, one is all self contained, the other more expensive one has relay interfaces so it can be controlled by outside devices (heaters, SWG's etc). As to filters, bigger is better within certain sane parameters.

If you are going with a 2 speed pump I would say 1 to 1.5 HP is plenty, some people will say less, if variable speed you may want to consider one of the smaller Hayward VS pumps like the MaxFloVS (note there are 2 versions of this pump, one is all self contained, the other more expensive one has relay interfaces so it can be controlled by outside devices (heaters, SWG's etc). As to filters, bigger is better within certain sane parameters.

Okay thanks for the help. I see some people on here go with a 3hp pump. Is that because they have a spa too? Also your pool is about the same size as I am planning, what kind and how many lights do you suggest?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.