HELP! I'm losing water but I can't get up!

Benttt

May 20, 2009
I live in southeast Ohio and losing about an inch of water per day. My pool is 18x36 20K gallons. I also noticed I'm getting some air bubbles in my return and the pump always has a little are in it. I've tried several times to re attach the pump basked cover, but the air remains.
It seems primed pretty well and my Kreepy cleaner appears to work when I use it. Do you think I have a leak somewhere?
B

Welcome to TFP!!

While the leak detection article may well be the best piece of written English ever ( :oops: :puker: :pukel: ), it would really help to know your pool and equipment specs. You can either type them in every time you post , or simply set up a signature, using the user control panel :wink: (if you need any help setting up the sig., simply ask and someone else - who actually knows how to work a computer- will happily help you 8) )

Work with us in answering the questions we have for you and reading the links we post and we'll get you trouble free quickly :-D

Signature:

Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature.

You are allowed 5 lines of text, and we need to know the following:
1) The size of your pool in gallons
2) The type filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge)
3) If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
4) If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
5) If you know, tell us the size pump and the size (flow rate) of your filter.

Thanks everyone!! I pulled a Jacques Cousteau with my diving mask and searched every inch of the liner and found about a inch tear in the deep end...cut a patch and scuba'ed to the repair site and it worked like a a charm!
Also, I replaced the pump drain plug gaskets (actually new plugs were only a dollar more) and the air bubbles are gone!
Again, thanks for the help!
B

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.