Buy from The Pool Factory?

Sep 13, 2016
Watkins Glen, NY
I hope this is an ok part of the forum to post in. We are looking at getting a pool for next summer and are wondering about ordering online from the pool factory. We want a 12ft round, semi inground pool with a saltwater system and our local stores don't have an 12ft option for semi-in ground, 16 is the lowest. I found one over at the pool factory for about $1,500 vs the $9,500 our local store quoted for their 16ft one. That's before install. Is the pool factory a reputable site? Is it fine to order a pool online and get someone to install it? Our other local store told me they don't do saltwater in above ground pools because it destroys them, but I don't think I believe that.

Any and all advice for a first time buyer is welcome! Thanks

I bought my pool from them this spring, I'm very happy with the pool and they had stellar customer service. A damaged top rail was reported on Memorial day and I received a replacement the very next morning at 9am. The pool is as good of quality as any other I've seen. I had planned to make mine saltwater so I bought the saltwater LX model. It has all resin upper and lower parts and coated steel walls and posts that should stand up to salt water. Currently I just use liquid chlorine (TFP methodology) and will probably keep it that way as it has worked very well. After the pool, new vinyl privacy fence and a deck I felt like I did not want to spend another thousand to add a SWG. Late in the summer I did finally add a dosing pump and 15 gal bulk storage tank to automate chlorine delivery and it has worked out great. My pool is buried about 12" but was allowed up to 27". I have to admit I was a little concerned about salt water damage too. Some friends have an 18' Intex pool that is salt and after about 7 seasons the frame is showing a lot of rust.

Hi Hogwaffle,
just a note on the SWG thing.... dont believe everything you hear from pool salesmen. There are plenty of pools now days that are designed to stand up to SW better than others. So, be aware that if you want SWG, to get the coated ones as mentioned above, and you'll be just fine.

Thanks everyone. I figured they were good, but always good to hear it from people who are familiar with them. Yes, small pool because of space. We have 2 yards and want to put the pool in the generally unused small one and deck around it I would love one 14 feet, a 15 foot one would be okay, but either of those only leave about 3 ft of space around for decking. I'm looking at the [h=3]12'x54" Saltwater 8000 Round Pool, but if anyone has any recommendations I would love it. Also recommendations on the SWG. I basically ignored the local guy who said you couldn't do saltwater, they are for sure an old school sort of store. I've read that they take less upkeep so if that is true I'm game for spending the money. If the chemicals aren't too hard to work with, maybe I will stick with that. Any thoughts on one system vs the other?[/h]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.