cya in pucks

Jun 28, 2016
New Jersey
At a pool party this weekend , i was explaining my new found hobby,understanding pool chemistry!
when a friend said " how many gallons of water would he need to remove from his pool weekly to keep his cya levels the same, using 3 8 oz.pucks weekly?
I said not sure but I know where to find the answer

You can use PoolMath to figure this out: http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

For example, for a 10,000 gallon pool, under "Effects of Adding Chemicals" selecting 24oz of Trichlor says it will "raise CYA by 10". Then going up to the CYA section, putting current=50 and target=40 gives "To lower CYA you replace 20% of the water".

The actual percent and number of gallons to replace is going to depend on the size of the pool and the starting CYA level.

Yep. In Hothead's pool about 25% per week. In my pool, closer to 15% per week, targeting 30. Use pool math to determine how much CYA 3 pucks adds, then use your new "current" and target for water replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.