Here goes...Quad DE 80 upgrade

Yummmmmmmmm I will be there soon! LOL

:kim:

Ok! I decided to make a rotisserie roast instead, so there is plenty. Come on by! :)

- - - Updated - - -

So far leak free plumbing

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So next step is to get the SCG and PH unit back to working, then new composite back panel to replace the old delaminating plywood. I'll also tidy up the wiring then too, and permanently mount the PH dispenser controller.

Easier access to the pump, filter, acid reservoir, and valve.

That was tricky plumbing, at least for me.

I I used the clear primer so it looks nicer than the purple stuff.

That purple stuff gets EVERY where!

I would say that would be tricky plumbing for most non-plumber person! Just bending the pipe THEN getting it into place on the first shot.......:shock: NICE!

That equipment pad will be first rate when you are done with it! NICE job!

:kim:

So far I'm happy with the Quad DE80. And the hi-flow valve, despite the contorted plumbing, has preserved the better flow rate of the DE80. The hi-flow turned out to be the right decision (I was worried about flow friction).

I can run at 1100rpm, but have it at 1300 for margin as the filter gains more backpressure.

Overal all system backpressure is 2x better than the old filter/slide valve combination at max flow rate. Wow!

filter pressure is zero PSI since install.

My only worry is that the filter seems to collect a small amount of air over the course of a week. I manually bleed it off, but this seems wrong.

Also, is there a simple method to estimate GPM based on watts or RPM or both?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.