New Pool - New Taylor Test Kit!!

My pool was bulit/opened in July - been flying blind since today. Just received my Taylor 2006 kit today, so excited for it, better late than never!! Pool looks great, nice and clear. We probably have about 3 more weeks in the season before it is closed, so i don't expect much tweaking, but wondering what you think of the numbers.

First set of test results.

FC - 12.5
CC - 0.5 - Although when the sample sat for maybe 1 minute, it turned back to a light shade of pink, is that normal??
CYA - 90 - I know this is high, but considering an FC of 12.5....still ok. I'll fix this after the winter.
PH - 7.6 - 7.8
CA - 150 - The sample turned more of a pink than a red and then more of a purple than blue - normal??
TA - 150

When the pool first was filled I added stabilizer and used sticks in the chlorinater, hence the high CYA. Been using only liquid chlorine for the last 4 weeks, guessing on quantity as I had no real test kit until now.

Temp is about 80 during the day then turned up to 88 for the evening, solar blanket is on all day at this point.

Comments welcome.

Well done on getting a good test kit.

Generally it tends to read high. You have a bit of room to manoeuvre so that you can drop your FC just below 10 to get a reliable reading on the pH when needed.

Yes it is normal to go back to pink when you leave it to sit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.