How long for FC to normalize after Sam?

I have a new pool. Last November. I live in Canada so it only opened this year in May. Sorry for not having it in my signature as I'm doing this all from my phone and haven't figured it all out yet. Vinyl liner, SWG Pentair IC40, pool is rectangle 18500 gallons, with autocover.
9b79dcb8e84dc149765b79c016887a7e.jpg

We went on vacation during a heat wave and had a failure that caused the FC to hit 0 and the pool to get cloudy not green. Could not recover on SWG alone so employed the Slam method and the pool is amazingly clear now and actually not dropping any FC with the SWG at 0% so I've been leaving it uncovered every day hoping the FC would get back to normal but it just won't drop. Still off the charts for my test (yes I know I need a better test kit, next year the pool will be closing soon lol) Just wondering how long it can take for the FC to get back to a normal range? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Welcome!!! FC drop can really vary, so can't help you there. I would suggest researching a testkit now as it is tough in Canada. If you can get one soon, you can pretty much assure yourself of opening clear and balanced in the spring. What is the temperature of your water?

Another thing to remember is that chlorine is consumed by two things, organics and sunlight. If your pool is algae free (yours looks amazing) and the auto-cover is blocking the sun, your FC drop will take a VERY long time. In addition to leaving the SWG off for a day or two......leave the cover open too.

Did you ever add any stabilizer to your pool? Or did they add it at startup? If so do you recall how much they added (it might be written down in your documents for opening of the new pool). You can still close your cover at night which should help retain heat.

Did you ever add any stabilizer to your pool? Or did they add it at startup? If so do you recall how much they added (it might be written down in your documents for opening of the new pool). You can still close your cover at night which should help retain heat.
I'm not sure if they added any at startup but they did have me add it in the version of sticks that you put in the skimmer. Last time I had it checked at the pool store my CYA was 50ppm. I have to say my builder was awesome and supported the slam method even just giving me the liquid chlorine that I needed.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.