What is a good liquid chlorinator?

May 18, 2016
Enterprise,MS
I want to get away from using the 3" tablets and go with an automatic liquid chlorinator. I was wondering what you guys suggest. My work schedule is 28 days home and 28 days at work and my wife isn't the best pool girl if you know what I mean. And the tablets are killing my CYA levels. PLEASE HELP!

Hi and welcome, glad you are here.

Everyone has different pools and different needs. I have an above ground pool and solved my dosing problem with a $13 peristaltic pump from amazon, some aquarium tubing, a 12v battery charger, a Woods programmable timer, all in a plastic cabinet next to the pool.

You might have a $50,000 custom in ground the likes would make Playboy Mansion look cheap.

So... we would like more info.

28 days of dosing can be done automatically, just do your math for needed storage capacity with extra, and let us know how we can help you and your family.

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: shawnpepera
Hi and welcome, glad you are here.

Everyone has different pools and different needs. I have an above ground pool and solved my dosing problem with a $13 peristaltic pump from amazon, some aquarium tubing, a 12v battery charger, a Woods programmable timer, all in a plastic cabinet next to the pool.

You might have a $50,000 custom in ground the likes would make Playboy Mansion look cheap.

So... we would like more info.

28 days of dosing can be done automatically, just do your math for needed storage capacity with extra, and let us know how we can help you and your family.

Edit. Sorry. Just now figured a way to see signature in Tapatalk. You may want better council than me and my diy solution. Good luck in your search.

More info:
Chemical Automation and The Liquidator

This is where I got my stenner, I went with the fixed rate 100 psi 3 gal per day for my pool. It currently is set to run about 2 hours per day injecting .27 oz per min, around 32 oz per day for my pool. In the hotter weather of summer I ran it 2.5 to 3 hrs. I verify my chlorine needs by testing daily. Install was simple, for my bulk tank I used a 15gal plastic barrel I purchased for $20 and a simple electronic timer from walmart. This site also has chemical tanks if you choose to go that way.

Another option would be to convert your pool to salt water and install a SWG. The initial cost is quite a bit more but you would no longer need to buy and transport bleach. A salt pool is a chlorine pool, salt is converted to chlorine through electrolysis. Salt can cause corrosion issues and can be tough on some stone but the convenience is a big selling point. Many prefer the feel of the water in a salt pool.

Salt Water Chlorine Generators (SWG))

Reactions: ClarkW.Griswold
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.