High Pressure Low Flow

gjdaw

Sep 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Hi everyone. I am new to owning a pool. I have a problem that I can't figure out. I have 35 psi in my clean and clear plus (either 420 or 520) filter. I am not sure which I have. The returns to the pool or spa are very low pressure. When I turn on just spa jets, there is no jet motion in the spa. Could my pump not be primed? Could I have a leak in the filter somewhere? I did recently remove the filter top to clean the cartridges. Could I have overtightened the strap? I have new cartridges (PCC105) arriving Wednesday. I also noticed small air bubbles coming from the pool and spa returns. Yesterday, I also noticed a wet spot at the top of the filter where the pressure guage conencts to the filter body. The pump had been running for several hours.
image-0-02-01-6ad92679ec4a977c03c9ef045e4bac0f6f3ca8f7c7935565ab6da658a5010a59-V.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

The pressure is high because something is restricting the flow (post filter gauge).

You might be fighting an algae bloom too. What does the water look like?

gj,

Welcome to TFP.. you will love it here.. :lovetfp:

It is impossible to clean the cartridges while they are still in the housing. You need to take them out, and clean each one individually, with a high pressure nozzle on the end of a garden hose. It will take you 5 or 10 minutes per filter to clean them properly.

As Mark says above, you may also have an algae bloom causing your filters to clog quickly.

What test kit are you using to test your water? :testresults:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.