Replacement cartridge filter jandy

grottoguy

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
NJ
I have the Jandy CL-580 Filter and want to buy replacement cartridges (so I can replace them when I clean the dirty ones). I see a 4 pack Pleatco PJAN145 brand for $169 at PoolSupply (includes $20 off) and $182 at amazon.

Is the Pleatco brand a good one? Any reason not to use a generic like Pleatco (as opposed to paying more for the Jandy brand)?

There is also a Cartridge called from pleatco PJAN145-M (antimicrobial) which is a lot more money $85/cartridge). Is that necessary or worth it?

Thanks

Pleatco is a very good brand and a very nice replacement to the more expensive name-brands out there. I do the same. I would think the standard cartridges should work just fine for you as long as you test your water consistently with your TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. Have a nice day.

Thanks. I do use TF_100 and check pool every few days.

Does it make sense to put clean filter in right before closing (do filters get dirty when close pool for winter or is there no water going into filter when pool closed)?

If you close your pool for the winter in your area, your filter probably won't be used as the pump won't be connected and/or turned-on. In that case, I would just save the new filters until the spring. Once your water temp drops below 60, the water chemistry will slow-down significantly. Close/cover your pool and start fresh next spring. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.