We have a leak

lbrn

May 3, 2015
Thomasville, NC
Hi,
We have had to add water to our pool all summer and have determined that we have a leak somewhere. We turned the pump off and plugged the in and out and the water has been gradually leaking out. We cannot find the leak. There is a damp place on the ground below the retaining wall which was built to level the ground for the pool, but we can't find a leak in the pool any where near it. We do have some sunken in places in the sand underneath this spot. Should we just let the water continue to leak out over the winter and just replace the liner? It is 5 or 6 years old. I guess we probably have a cheap liner since it is what came with the pool originally. We haven't talked to our pool store to see if they can detect a leak because I honestly don't have any faith in them. Any suggestions?

Since it sounds as though the leak is related to the liner, you have the option of purchasing a vinyl repair kit ... "if" you can find that pesky leak. You might try some dye as noted HERE. Small holes can be a bit tricky, but if you find it and can repair it, that might save you some $$$. :)

I had already read the article on detecting leaks and it was VERY discouraging. The water continues to disappear. If it stops before the pool is empty, then we know it's somewhere on the wall and we might be able to find and patch it. We may just have a big, empty hole in the spring and in that case we will get a new, better liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.