Mollyj

Nov 14, 2014
Australia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've just read through my pool brochure and the one thing that stands out is this "Do not use liquid chlorine, your warranty will be void if you do"

Why? Isn't all chlorine the same? Why are they so against the liquid stuff? Now I'm well and truly unhappy because although this pool is double in size to my last one, I'm pretty sure the liquid chlorine from Bunnings will still work as well and keep my pool sparkling.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You don't really mention what the make/model of your new pool is. Maybe contacting the manufacturer of your pool to confirm what their exact concerns are regarding the use of liquid chlorine. A lot of Aussies use this specific type of liquid chlorine without any problems.

That's exactly what I thought, how would they know and why would it matter? It's strange that they've shown it as a warranty voiding issue. I will ring them tomorrow to find out why. Thanks for replying :)

The company looks like they make some nice pools with quality materials. As is usually the case with many of the pool builders they make some interesting assertions about pool water chemistry- I personally like the 'Saltwater pools are lower in chlorine than a regularly chlorinated pool'. ;)

I would still contact them as a matter of interest to see why no liquid chlorine? As mentioned how are they going to know what type you use?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.