First Numbers with TF-100

irishal

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2009
Edmond, OK
I got my TF-100 kit today and was so excited to test my first numbers (I've been using strips to this point). Below are my first numbers with the kit. My question revolves around my TA....200 is high I know, but my water is sparkling blue. Should I go ahead and put some MA in to lower my TA and PH and then aerate to bring back up my PH? Also is my CC being 0.5 ok?

FC 6
CC 0.5
TC 6.5
PH 7.8
TA 200
CYA 40
Temp 88F

IrishAl
30ft AG pool
2HP pump
the other parts I'll figure out tomorrow :-D

Your TA is a bit high. That will tend to cause the PH to rise, especially when it rains or there are kids playing in the pool. You need to keep an eye on things and make sure the PH doesn't get too high. It might be simpler to lower the TA now, though if you just lower the PH anytime it gets high that will have the same effect in the long run.

Your FC is towards the high end of the range. If you just added chlorine, that is fine. If it is most of a day since you added chlorine, then you could let the FC level come down a little. FC between 3 and 7 is the normal range with a CYA of 40.

Other than that, your numbers look good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.