IC40 all light are green

fishunt

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
Lebanon,Tn
All light are green and says it working, BUT It not producing CL, Cya is 55, salt at 3600 ppm, fc is 5 cc is .5 TA is 100, CH is 160, water is 85 F, ph is 7.7. am I missing some thing. about 2 weeks ago the pool started getting cloudy, check Cl and it was low, turned up SWG, from 40 to 60, and left and went to FL, when I got back 5 days later pool had a green look. tested water, 0 cl, shocked it with bleach, brought cl to a 20ppm for 3 days and did a over night cl drop test at 8ppm next morning it was still at 8 ppm, truned back on SWG and the next day tested it. it was at 0 again, started adding bleach every day and the water is fine now. But my SWG says it is working and producing Cl, it is not. I work a water treatment plant, tested my water for phosphates, 3.5ppm, the life of the cell is at 20%, that is pushing the more button and holding it.:confused::confused::confused:

fish,

I suspect that your SWG is working, but something in the water is consuming all the chlorine it can make. The first thing I would do, is to run an overnight test, with the SWG off. Manually add chlorine to get it up to about 8 ppm. Do this right at sun-set and take an FC measurement. Then, right before sun-up, retest the FC. If the FC is lower in the morning by more than 1 ppm, then something in your water is consuming your chlorine. See... Overnight FC Loss Test

If you pass the OCLT, then you can you can repeat the test the next night, with the SWG on, all night, and you should see an increase in the FC level by the amount the SWG is generating.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.