Intex Ring Pool 18x48 in Texas, keep it up or take it down?

Sep 11, 2016
Houston, TX
Should I keep it up since I am so far south and it gen doesnt freeze or snow here?

What should I do to close the pool up if I leave it up?

I would feel more comfortable leaving it filled and the junky paper filter pump on in case we get a few cold nights so I can leave pump on so it doesnt freeze up..

Should I cover it?

What chemical combo should I toss in the pool, or should I just keep using 6% bleach like I have been all summer?

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

I would take it down. The UV will beat it up. If you are going to leave it up then you will need to run the pump daily as normal and chlorinate it. It will use a lot less chlorine once the water drops below 60°f.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If you do decide to leave it up, the chemical usage will drop quite a bit once we hit our colder months (Nov - Mar). During that time you won't have to do much at all but check chemicals periodically and scoop-out any large debris that may have blown in. There are no magic chemical combos though ...... just maintain your normal TFP chemical levels as noted below (link) in my signature. Make sure to use your TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit to get accurate readings so there is no guessing. Stay out of the pool store. :) Have a nice day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.